Founded in 1976, the Institute for Foreign Policy Analysis (IFPA) is an independent, nonpartisan research organization specializing in national security, foreign policy, and defense planning issues. We help senior government policy makers, industry leaders, and officials in the public policy community make informed decisions in a dynamic and unpredictable global security environment. IFPA staff is a mix of scholars, business professionals, retired military officers, and foreign policy specialists who bring a uniquely broad array of talents and experiences to every task they undertake.
Our services include:
- Focused studies and quick-reaction analyses on current and emerging national security/foreign policy issues
- Classified and unclassified workshops and briefings in support of government and private sector clients
- Public outreach programs, including the organization of major conferences and smaller seminars
- Creation and conduct of simulation and gaming exercises
- Strategic planning for industry and federal and state government agencies
Interagency Programs and Analysis
The Institute has an established track record of innovation and excellence in:
- Identifying global and regional trends and assessing their implications for policy planners
- Translating policy options into concrete program decisions
- Designing strategic plans for government and industry clients
- Establishing strategic partnerships with industry, think tanks, academia, and government
IFPA is associated with The Fletcher School, Tufts University, and has offices in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and Washington, D.C. IFPA is incorporated in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, is a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code and has been granted status as a publicly supported, non-private organization under Section 509(a)(1). Contributions to the Institute are tax deductible.