Rear Admiral Eric A. McVadon is part-time senior advisor for Asia-Pacific studies at the Institute for Foreign Policy Analysis.
- Peace Regime Building for a Nuclear Weapon-free Korean Peninsula: Next Steps for Capacity Building
In cooperation with institutional partners in Northeast Asia, IFPA is leading a nongovernmental multinational working group to discuss, research, and draft a joint proposal for a Korean peace regime that complements related inter-Korean efforts and facilitates North Korean denuclearization.
- In Times of Crisis: Global and Local Civil-Military Disaster Relief Coordination in the United States and Japan
With support from the Japan Foundation's Center for Global Partnership (CGP), IFPA led this collaborative effort, completed in 2009, by U.S. and Japanese specialists to conduct research and foster dialogue among civilian and military groups for the purposes of improving their civil-military communication in domestic and international crises.
- Building Six-Party Capacity for a WMD-Free Korea
This three-year study completed in 2008 involves all of the countries in the six-party process and examines how these countries can build a regional organization to help implement the key aspects of a denuclearization agreement reached with North Korea.
- Sending UCAS to Sea: A Superior Carrier through the Unmanned Combat Air System
This project, launched in 2008, considers the key characteristics, capabilities, and future role in carrier fleet operations of the Navy Unmanned Combat Air System (N-UCAS) now under development.
- Risk Reduction & Confidence Building on the Korean Peninsula: Challenges, Opportunities & Implications for Regional Stability
- January 19, 2011, Seoul, Republic of Korea
A one-day trilateral dialogue organized by IFPA, the Institute for Foreign Affairs and National Security (IFANS), and the U.S. Institute of Peace (USIP) and supported by the Carnegie Corporation of New York and the U.S. Defense Threat Reduction Agency.
Strict Standards: mktime(): You should be using the time() function instead in /home/ifpaor5/public_html/staff/staffWork/eamList.php on line 300